Sundays aren’t normally happy hour days (they’re more like drinking-in-dread-as-Monday-approaches kind of days). But after guarding box lunches for middle age vegetarians at a work event this weekend, I’m feeling pretty ecstatic knowing I don’t have to step into my office tomorrow.
Here’s what you missed this week:
- Looking for another book club to follow? Gasp. We forgive you. May we suggest you let the stars decide? (Entertainment Weekly)
- Here’s the question every literary scholar or critic should be asking: “instead of writing an epic on whaling, could Melville have written the epic of bowling instead?” (New York Review of Books)
- Just in time for Halloween: the creepiest author photos in existence. Shel Silverstein will wreck you. (LitHub)
- In important news this week: Sexiest Man Alive Idris Elba is sponsoring a new podcast focused on books, writers, and conversations for people of color. (The Bookseller)
- Do you think we can use this blog as cash? (LA Times)