I’m not drinking tonight, as I must dehydrate myself before viewing the final Avengers movie. Before you get concerned: the Drinking Club held their April meeting last night, and the happy hour carafes were a-flowing.
Here’s what you missed this week:
- The MTA needs to install some of these with the money they’re getting from fare increases (after, you know, they make sure the transit system isn’t held together by crazy glue).
- Pop over to the Met to see the exhibit inspired by an eleventh century Japanese novel and celebrate the female gaze. Maybe this will undo Virginia Woolf’s Orientalism.
- After you finish Eligible, add these Pride and Prejudice adaptations to your TBR list. Because weren’t you looking for Mr. Darcy to turn into a platypus to add more dimension to this story?
- Amy Tan reflects on 30 years of The Joy Luck Club, and reminds us that she is a BAMF.
- It was World Book Day on Tuesday, and it’s Independent Bookstore Day on Saturday. What a momentous week. Remind us to revisit these AirBnBs next year.