What’s the best time of the day? Happy hour. Obviously. For those that said 5 a.m., when they begin their day with a meditation session and a kombucha, you know where the door is (just kidding, but we would definitely be swiping left on your OK Cupid profile).
For us, nothing is better than powering down at 5pm to grab a glass with the people who love you even after you’ve complained about your boss for 20 minutes…again. But we don’t just complain. We share tidbits from a week’s worth of news that have piqued our interests. And what might those be, you ask? Just the most scandalous, salacious, and weirdest stories that hit our inboxes.
So, for your reading pleasure: some of the strangest and most fascinating book news of the week. This will definitely impress your date tonight.
- Calling all Aurors: J.K. Rowling is suing her former assistant for stealing $24,000 worth of candles, cards…and cats.
- For those reminiscing about the days you came home on Friday to watch the newest DCOM: Quirk Books has a quiz to tell you what 80s Paperback Club you belong in (we’re in the BSC).
- While the midterm elections seem to be the gift that keeps on giving, here’s something that will truly delight: a comprehensive reading list for fans of The West Wing. Bartlet For America.
- In movie news: Lifetime is giving Pride & Prejudice the 2018 upgrade we need, and we’re ready for it.
- And Lucia Berlin has us beat: we complain about our apartments, but none of us have weathered electrocutions, old men dying in the orchard, or the local ducks moving into the swimming pool (we wouldn’t mind if the Mandarin duck came to stay though).