Today is one of our most sacred days: National Margarita Day. May the tequila wash away the bad karma brought on by the super moon. I’m willing to try anything at this point.
Here’s what you missed this week:
- I’m a sucker for epistolary novels (due to reading Meg Cabot’s adult works at a tender age). I’m adding all of Mary Adkin’s recommendations to my TBR list.
- This week’s mandatory reading: CityLab’s comprehensive history of the American public library.
- You too can fail this quiz on archaic compliments and insults. Anyone who scored higher than 8/13: you know where the door is.
- Start stockpiling your miles: the Garden of the Finzi-Continis may soon be realized, which will delight not only fans of the novel and movie, but those seeking a safe haven.
- Scientists and researchers have found a way to extract DNA from old books and manuscripts. Dun dun.